Gemelli Says THANK YOU!
Since opening our doors in February 2016
We would like to say THANK YOU to every single person who has taken the time out of their day to write a review, like the one below, to acknowledge our menu, our customer service, our team and their overall positive experience while dining with us.
Sometimes, especially after a busy weekend, we read these reviews and they really make it all worthwhile.
Most recently, we the received the most warming review from a lady named Natalie.
Here’s what she had to say:
“The best place to eat in Point Cook!”
I think it’s fair to give a new restaurant a good six months before you give it a solid review but from my perspective, Gemelli got it right almost from the very beginning. I would say I’ve been here at around 20 times for breakfast, lunch and dinner since they opened in early 2016.
WHAT I LOVE:
(1) The service. A fair few reviews complain about the service and honestly, I don’t get it. The front of house manager is lovely and always has been. In all the times I’ve visited I’ve not had an issue at all, apart from one minor one when my coffee wasn’t quite right – I just asked if I could get another and it was taken care of, no issues. My husband and I often rock in without bookings and a couple of times we’ve had to wait 10 minutes or so but that’s not a big deal when a place is busy.
(2) The breakfasts. The ingredients are fresh, nothing tastes like it’s out of a packet (e.g. the salmon – yuummm), and the servings are generous. I could barely get through my scrambled eggs last weekend!
(3) The burgers. I admit I am stuck on the sustainable seafood burger. I don’t see myself changing anytime soon although I’m keen to try the vegie option. Maybe next time! The sides too are amazing – mac n’ cheese (OMG, it’s so good) and the corn are standouts.
(4) The shakes. I have two words – caramel popcorn. Salty, sweet goodness. The chocolate one is great too and I’d love to try the others but I’ll stick with my favourite for now.
(5) The atmosphere. I love how there’s space, we’re not all squished up together. It’s comfortable and clean and modern.
(6) Value. It might not be super cheap, but you can have a decent sized, good quality breakfast plus coffees at around $40 for two people. Dinner might set you back a little more than that. It’s comparable to other local venues and in my opinion, you get a better deal with (1)-(5) listed above.
Again, thank you, Point Cook. Thank you for your business and your loyalty.
– Gemelli Cafe Grill.